[Question] Good way to keep track of what I'm working on month-to month?

Hello everyone, I would like to have a note were I can see at a glimpse, for each month, what I accomplished and what I’ve been working on. What I use so far is a basilar markdown table:

Wonder if there’s a better way to do this, specially because in order to achieve the dotted list I have to use html and it’s a pain to add new text when the table gets big.

Thank’s !

Are you using tasks to track your tasks/achievements? If so, are you using completion dates on those tasks? Then it should be possible to generate the list automatically…

Hello, yes I know that can be done with dataview, but these are not tasks, they are more like goals I achieve or things I learn that I did not expect to learn, basically things that “just” happen or I’ve worked to make them happen.

I’m using the Minimal theme, and they have what I like to call task decorations, see Checklists - Minimal Documentation

This allows me to do stuff like:

- [!] An important thingy

And it’ll show up with an important icon in front, and very easy to gather up in lists afterwards. It’s also relatively easy to add icons of your own, which could indicate an area for your achievement, or maybe just an achievement icon.

1 Like

You could use a nested list or headings instead of a table. Either way, you could collapse months you don’t want to look at if you enable Settings > Editor > “Fold indent” (for lists) or “Fold heading”.

- 01-2023 January
    - Understood the basics of quantum physics
    - Read book:[[THE ART OF WAR]]
    - Etc.
- 02-2023 February
    - Traveled to the future
## 01-2023 January

- Understood the basics of quantum physics
    - Read book:[[THE ART OF WAR]]
    - Etc.

## 02-2023 February

- Traveled to the future
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.