I want to include specific tasks defined elsewhere in the vault under a Day Planner timebox. However, the Day Planner Timeline shows the tasks as separated boxes and doesn’t include them under the Day Planner heading of the daily note.
Use Tasks plugin to query tasks as subtasks under time section of the Day Planner heading
Global task filter. This is important in order to display both Day Planner and queried tasks correctly. In this example, I use
- Assign each Day Planner timebox a tag e.g.
- Anywhere inside the vault, create a task that includes the respective timebox tag.
- [ ] Task 1 from Tasks plugin #task #planner/session1 ⏳ 2024-01-16
In the daily note under the Day Planner heading, add a query under a section that filters for the scheduled date and the respective tag.
- [ ] 13:00 - 15:30 Early afternoon
scheduled on 2024-01-16
tags include #planner/session1
Change the query tag according to the assigned timebox.
The indents of the codeblock is essential, otherwise the queried tasks won’t be shown in the timebox.
Change the filtered date to a dynamic date in the template.
In Reading view
- Queried tasks aren’t indented in Live Preview.
- Queried tasks aren’t indented in Day Planner Timeline. They also cause the other Day Planner subtasks to become unindented.