Only cell text is selected.

Environment

• Arch Linux
  • Gnome
  • Wayland
SYSTEM INFO:
	Obsidian version: v1.5.8
	Installer version: v1.5.8
	Operating system: #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Sat, 17 Feb 2024 14:02:33 +0000 6.7.5-arch1-1
	Login status: logged in
	Catalyst license: none
	Insider build toggle: off
	Live preview: on
	Base theme: adapt to system
	Community theme: none
	Snippets enabled: 0
	Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
	none

Additional information

I confirm on Gnome 44 on Fedora 39. I did not know that triple-clicking was supposed to select the entire table, though. In general, it selects a “block”, i.e. either an entire paragraph or a bullet point. Within a table cell, it currently does the same.

Current action to select an entire table with the mouse involves clicking in the top left cell, then shift-clicking on the bottom right cell.

1 Like

it’s qudruple-click. Triple-click is for the line. Double click for the word

Quadruple-click or even more does not work either.

It would be great if it was documented somewhere other than the changelog so that you can see the current behavior. First Google-result from Obsidian website for “obsidian select whole table” was 1.5.2.

This was changed in 1.5.3. triple click is generally used to select a line.

You can contribute to the obsidian docs on GitHub. I am torn if adding do the docs every little detail is beneficial or it overwhelms readers.

Sure, it’s difficult to gauge the level of documentation needed. One thing that would help users discover it would be having a corner you can click to select whole table and describe it on hover. Or have a palette command with quadruple click as the “hotkey”.

Also, can this be moved back to Bug as quadruple click does not work? I’m not sure if I can do it myself.