Publish service take 40s to load, devtool report 500 error

Steps to reproduce

• Open devtool, network tab
  • Open my site: Home - CodeForFun - Obsidian Publish
  • It just show the site name, without the other content
  • One of the cache link are pending for long time
  • after around 30-40s, the pending cache one have status 500 with content Something broke!
  • My content show up and fast

Did you follow the troubleshooting guide? [Y/N]

Well, I can’t, I only pay for one site. I can’t pay for a new site for bug report

Expected result

No error in the background, or at least it run fast, not waiting for 40s for the page

Actual result

Take very long time to load page with a 500 error in the background

Environment

Webpage with the following request got error

Request URL: https://publish-01.obsidian.md/cache/893466dd8554ca88c01a2c41f1a6f242
Request Method: GET
Status Code: 500

Additional information

Nope

It works for me

It works after a while. I think there are some bugs in the cache of the publishing service.

If that is the case, I think it not very high priority, but to be honest, it is annoying and also will raise complaints and then just a reply “works for me” isn’t good for a paid service

What I mean is that it does not take 40s to load for me. I tried.

Does it take 40 second to load for you and if so in which circumstances?

I would really like to pinpoint when this happens.

Hi WhiteNoise,

Thank you for your clarification.

I tried to reproduce it in different ways, but seem like it is randomly.

Sometimes I got up to 1min. I take a screen shot for this time, which now the error is 504.

Please take a look.

It is working back after I come back to my desk after a while, not sure how much time it needs to resolve the issue.

Thank you

Ok, we have some ideas why this is happening. It takes some time to generate a structure file and the website is in that state until it is generated.

We deployed a change that we believe fixes this issue. Let me know if you still have this problem.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.