Publish: Hide unpublished notes from graph view

Use case or problem

Today all linked notes appear on the local graph in Obsidian Publish, even if these linked notes are not published yet :

• This clutters the graph view with useless nodes
  • This may even be harmful as some of these nodes can be private notes which are not supposed to be exposed publicly (even if only by their title)
    → For me it’s somewhere between a feature request and a bug.

Proposed solution

Provide an option in Obsidian Publish Options to hide unpublished notes from the graph view

Current workaround (optional)

Put the problematic link in a mermaid diagram … but unmanageable on the long term.

Related feature requests (optional)

Didn’t find any.

4 Likes

I agree completely. I run into this because my current workflow involves hiding certain content on a page that isn’t to be published (i.e., that is more personal behind-the-scenes stuff) using “%%” syntax to comment it out. Unfortunately, any links within that commented-out section still show as nodes in graph view.

1 Like

A way to control visibility of unpublished notes in the graph might be to add a property displayed: true|false in the frontmatter.

Ideally, you’d have a global option with the ability to override on individual notes, right?

Anyway, I’m in the same boat as the OP. Would like the global option to hide unpublished notes from the graph.

Reviving this FR following this discord message: