Publish: Hide file name in the header?

Things I have tried

For my Publish website, I’m using my “go to” Obsidian theme (red graphite) with a few extra snippets. Not all of them work in Publish, which for most things I can live with. Unfortunately, the following (from @Klaas’s Github repository) also does not work:

/* Frameless = no titlebar */
.is-frameless {
  padding-top:0px !important;
}

/* hide title bar text */
.titlebar-text {
  color: transparent;
}

I’m a quite complete CSS un-initiated, so not sure what to do.

What I’m trying to do

I tend to give the title of my files in the first H1 header. Displaying both that and the file name, which is often the same, is redundant. But I can’t get rid of the filename in the header in Obsidian Publish. Does anyone know how to do that?

(Just for reference, here is the website. It’s not fancy, and not meant to be – but this way it looks silly. E.g., here. In some places I deleted the H1 title already so it’s better.)

On a somewhat related but more general question, is there a repository/help/manual/anything for CSS snippets that do work in Publish? I’m not sure I entirely understand what works and what doesn’t and how one knows which is which without trying… (I realize that many people here have their website w/o Publish, and I have mine too that I can personalize however I want to, but for this one it’s just too much maintenance.)

1 Like

Hi, I am no CSS expert by any stretch of the imagination, and many of the snippets in the repository date back to pre-Publish. I do not use Publish myself.

It might be useful to also ask you question on the Discord css-themes channel as there are a number of very CSS-savvy, helpful wizards active.

BTW, kudos on your website, it looks gorgeous and very professional. Well done :+1: And your academic/teaching/research career is very impressive !

Thanks, Klaas, that’s very kind of you :slight_smile: (I guess I sacrificed my “anonymity” here then, but that’s okay.)

I have not been active on discord, but will check it out.

And thank you for that repository. It has spared me enormous amounts of headaches!

1 Like

Glad to have been of help. Discord is definitely a gold mine of expertise. People like NothingisLost, SlRvd, Chetachi, Javalent, to name but a few, are extremely knowledgeable about CSS.
Good luck.

1 Like

Problem solved, due to the enormously helpful folks on Discord.

Just in case anyone else is looking for it and cannot find, it’s super easy:

.page-header {
  display: none;
}
4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.