Projects (Marcus Olsson)- formatting error

Things I have tried

I have tried to replicate the demo script from a number of FaceBook bloggers - Sergio, Nicole Van der Hoeven and Danny Hatcher, but get a problem with the Date column. This column presents as “text” rather than the date.

I have reviewed each of the videos and then tried to check date format for all of the core and community plugins. I have also reviewd the YAML frontmatter of the test template (me= complete newbie)

What I’m trying to do

I would like to get the column for the Date to present as a Date rather than as Text. This would allow me to use the Projects Plugin as intended (particularly the calendar view).

Any suggestions will be very gratefully received

thanks

Ignoring the specific plugin (I never tried it), the main question is: in your yaml frontmatter you have Due: 2022-Dec-05. The value 2022-Dec-05 is a string (text) not a valid format to plugin recognize it as a date! (why the plugin should guess what you mean with Dec? In your language maybe Dec means December, but in another language?).
My best bet is: to dates, maybe that plugin uses the ISO format. To the case, you need to use numbers in the format “YYYY-MM-DD”, i.e. 2022-12-05.

2 Likes

Thank you very much

It worked immediately, I feel like a complete idiot.

I really appreciate your help.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.