Problems with OneDrive (can't save/create files/folders)

Hey everyone,

I created a new vault inside my OneDrive Folder (to sync my notes between my computers). When I try to create a new note page, obsidian does nothing.

After that I added a test.md file in the vault folder via the windows explorer and notepad.exe. The file gets recognized in Obsidian, but I wasn’t able to edit that page. At least Obisidan showed me an error message (see attached image, I translate: “File saving error”.):
error

When I disable the synchronisation in OneDrive, I can create new note files/folders and can edit/save them.
So the Problem has something to do with OneDrive, but other apps I have installed work perfectly fine with files on OneDrive (even when the synchronisation is turned on).

I’ve heard from other people, that their obsidian vault on OneDrive works fine, so it might be a problem on my end…

This bug is very annoying, because I don’t want to disable the synchronisation everytime I write down some notes…

Anyways, looking forward to your answers! :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!

Steps to reproduce

1. Create a new vault inside OneDrive (Win10)
  2. Try to add a new note page or folder

Expected result

A new note page that I can write stuff in that gets saved.

Actual result

Nothing happens, not even an error showing.

Environment

• Operating system: Windows 10, latest stable
  • Obsidian version: v0.11.9

Other users on the forum have reported problems when they use onedrive but their files are not local. They are using a setting to download the file when they are requested. This is not gonna work with Obsidian.

I am gonna move this to the help section because I am not convicend there’s a bug with obsidian.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.