Problems using table with the scroll

btw I have no plugins on, its at the default theme and if it helps, im on windows

Steps to reproduce

Steps for the bug:

• make a table with alot of columns, so that you need to scroll
  • use the scroll wheel (i dont have a mouse, im using a pad)
  • type at the farthest column and then make another column using the + at the end of it, then try to type again

I followed the troubleshooting guide with a vault
and as mentioned above, default theme, no plugins

Expected result

I expected to be able to just continue making columns without problem

Actual result

what happens (for me anyway) it resets you to the other end of the table and puts the text cursor (the flashing | thing?) under the table, i could use arrow keys but i cant use the + at the end of the table to make more columns easier, i can right click but like, i no no wanna :,(

Environment

im so sorry i cant access my command pallette, it just brings up my printer?!?!? my obsidian is updated as of posting this, checked

Can you please post your “Show Debug Info”?

I know you can’t access the command palette. But there is a button to do so. It looks like this

>_

screenshot_2024-01-03_08-00-25

For the printer problem. I wonder if you unmapped ctrl-p from the hotkeys? If you look it up in the hotkeys, if it isn’t default, there will be a little circle icon to reset it to default.

For your problem, I can’t recreate it. But I’m on MacOS at the moment. I do see the cursor jump below the table, and then back again, when I use the plus button. So maybe there is a glitch here somewhere.

here is the debug info
SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v1.5.3
Installer version: v1.4.13
Operating system: Windows 10 Home 10.0.22621
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: none
Insider build toggle: off
Live preview: on
Base theme: adapt to system
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

I opened the command pallette on my computer instead of obsidian, i didnt have a “cmd” key to press so i tried to find another way to open it, but yeah clearly it was the wrong one sorry.
Thank you for replying and i hope you’re able to squash this bug! thank you again

is This the problem?

Obsidian_uF80hzgiLG

sorry for not replying for a while but yes, it makes it hard to write in the long end of the table and it is very unnecessary.

Will be fixed 1.5.5

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.