Problem with the taskbar icon for obsidian randomly flashing?

Steps to reproduce

1. Install obsidian on a windows 10 pc.
  2. Use no third party plugins. Make a few notes in some files.
  3. Minimize obsidian and do other things, the obsidian program will randomly start flashing on the taskbar for no reason all the time, creating distraction and annoyance.

Did you follow the troubleshooting guide? [Y/N]

Yes

Expected result

The taskbar doesnt randomly flash for obsidian while it’s minimized

Actual result

The taskbar icon on windows 10 for obsidian randomly flashes while obsidian is minimized, causing distraction

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v1.5.8
Installer version: v1.4.16
Operating system: Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 2021 10.0.19044
Login status: not logged in
Insider build toggle: off
Live preview: on
Base theme: adapt to system
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: off
Plugins installed: 5
Plugins enabled: 0

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

Unfortunately i’m not sure what could be causing this so i don’t know what else to mention

Does anyone else have suggestions for what might be happening here? I know it might sound like a silly concern but it’s hard to want to use obsidian it’s going to randomly start flashing on the taskbar and distracting me all day!

It never happened to me.

Download and reinstall obsidian. Post a screen recording of this happening when only the sandbox vault is open and minimized.

I’m not really setup for screen recording, and i’m also having a lot of difficulty making the repro reliable. I’ve found that these steps work with occasional reliability… but it might be on some kind of timeout after it flashes that it wont do it again for another 30m, which is making this difficult to pin down…

Alternate Steps i’ve confirmed work, sometimes:

1. Maximize obsidian
  2. Maximize any other program, such as a browser on top of obsidian
  3. press win+d to go to desktop view, this will minimize all windows including obsidian
  4. press win + d to leave desktop view, the browser will come back into focus. But obsidian will sometimes, at random, start flashing here.

hi, i am also experiencing this issue and i must admit the flashing is distracting.
The steps Demarcation has given work for me sometimes.
But I’ve noticed that if the flashing icon can also be attained by opening a note in a new window and then doing steps 1-4 (Demarcation).
When you restart the obsidian client the issue goes away for a short time

Screen Recording (Google Drive)

Solution that works for me:
Disabling all taskbar flashing icons

ok the solution I reposted (2. link) doesnt work for me anymore

Indeed, that solution only stops the taskbar from flashing, but it doesn’t stop it from highlighting orange/yellow in windows. Obsidian is running some kind of internal code that’s triggering the taskbar flashing, just a bug on the developer’s end and it seems like a sticky one since it’s difficult to repro reliably…