Print plugin

if you want to print a note, you have to export it to pdf first. it’s probably possible to convert md file to a text or pdf file in the background and opening the print preview for text-pdf file. i don’t have any hopes from obsidian team because: Search results for 'Print #feature-requests' - Obsidian Forum

5 Likes

This is the one thing I really miss in this app on a daily basis.

I just don’t understand why this essential functionality (it’s not a feature) is not implemented.
Has anyone some clue for me?

Best regards,
paradeiser

I work in a legislative office. Literally every day I use obsidian to type up and store schedules, talking points, meeting notes, phone logs, etc. Many of these documents need to be printed, and every day I find myself reaching for a print button that isn’t there. My computer is littered with exported pdf files I’ve only ever opened to print. The reason I love Obsidian so much is that if there’s a function you want, someone in the community has already made a plugin for it. It literally baffles me that nobody has done this yet. I can’t imagine it would be terribly difficult to do, and from everything I’ve seen there’s certainly a demand for it. One of the core tenets of Obsidian’s community is future-proofing, and what’s more future-proof than a hard copy?

I suppose I’d like to echo the sentiment of the previous comment: why hasn’t a direct print function been implemented yet? Are there any specific barriers, and how could we as users make it easier for developers to overcome them?

2 Likes

Add me to the list of the baffled. Printing a document is, well, one of the most fundamental things one might want to do with it.

1 Like