Print file with theme

Hello,

I would like to print my obsidian file with the theme of my obsidian. I have read a lot of topics but I didn’t understand if there is an easy solution to do this. I’m a beginner in such program.

Thank you very much !

There is probably not an easy solution. A simple thing you could try is copying you theme’s entire style sheet, enclosing it in a print marker (add a line at the top containing @media print { and a line at the bottom containing }), and saving it as a CSS snippet. This may have unwanted effects when you print, because the styles are designed for screens.

Here is an article about print styles: A Guide To The State Of Print Stylesheets In 2018 — Smashing Magazine

1 Like

Thank you very much for your help but when I export to pdf, some paragraphs are deleted. I put them in red to show you.

The original:
Capture d’écran 2022-12-14 à 11.07.54

PDF:

It looks like Obsidian doesn’t recognize that as a list item. Do you see the same thing in Reading View? What happens if you put a blank line before that list item?

Yes I see the same thing in Reading View.
Yes, it works when I add a blank line before, but it add a grey square and change the font like this:

Capture d’écran 2022-12-16 à 10.53.18

And also it’s not practical to have a lot of blank lines before (in my obsidian notes), because I don’t understand my notes, I works with a specific way.

Thank you very much for your help !

The gray background and changed font mean that text is marked as code, because indenting 1 tab or 4 spaces marks text as a code block code in Markdown if it’s not a list item.

Did you type this list, or copy it from somewhere? What happens if you change the hyphen (-) to an asterisk (*) (both can be used as a list marker, and I wonder if somehow you have a something like an en dash — a slightly longer line — instead).

If that doesn’t work, try deleting the space after the hyphen and retyping it. Maybe you somehow have a non-breaking space or something like that (which might technically be OK in Markdown — I’m not sure — but will probably fail in most editors).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.