Preview query in edit mode

Hi there. I’ve been exploring and expanding how I use the app quite a bit, and now I’m trying to codify and simplify things. I’ve made a simple daily log with a simple YFM header with dates in a format I like and a uid generated from a unix timestamp. After some white space, I’ve added a query field at the bottom as a simple way to capture past mentions of a particular date using YYYY-MM-DD format and `-uid: {{date:X}}’ to filter the current note from my auto gennerated query.

What I’d love is a way to render the query in its own live preview as I’m editing the day’s notes. I’ve been toying with some community clutter-free edit mode scripts but these have rendered a bit buggy and regular md doesn’t distract me very much. Has anyone seen a community or core feature that might acheive this?

Here’s my distilled daily template currently:

---
title: Daily Log {{date:YYYY-MM-DD}}
type: Daily
uid: {{date:X}}
date: {{date:YYYY-MM-DD}}, {{date:dddd}}
alias: [{{date:YYYYMMDD}}]
---
Tags: #{{date:\D\a\i\l\y\/YYYY}}/{{date:MM}}

{{date:YYYY-MM-DD}}, {{date:dddd}}
---

---
```query
{{date:YYYY-MM-DD}} -uid: {{date:X}}

I can totally repost or move this to feature or plugin requests if appropriate as well. :slight_smile:

Queries do not work in edit mode. I wouldn’t open a new request for this since it will probably be tackled as part of WYSIWYG

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.