Postprocessor does not process changes after codeblock language

Steps to reproduce

Add a plugin that registers a postmarkdown processor. Write a note with a codeblock with some language name. Then changes in source mode made on the same line after the language name with a separated space do not get picked up by the postmarkdown processor. (Can write a basic processor that just logs whether it was called or not).

\`\`\`language these_changes_are_not_registered or_these or_these_either

\`\`\`

Did you follow the troubleshooting guide? [Y/N]

Tested in new plain vault.

Expected result

I would expect that whilst writing the these_changes_are_not_registered or_these or_these_either, the postmarkdown processor would be getting called.

Actual result

No calls are made.

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v1.3.5
Installer version: v1.1.16
Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 22.3.0: Thu Jan 5 20:53:49 PST 2023; root:xnu-8792.81.2~2/RELEASE_X86_64 22.3.0
Login status: not logged in
Insider build toggle: off
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: off
Plugins installed: 7
Plugins enabled: 0

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

I’m not 100% sure whether this isn’t intended behaviour. If it is, I’m not sure why it should be. To add features to codeblocks that are immediately evaluated in reading mode (without a re-render by closing and re-opening the page or something) would be very beneficial.

If this is intended please let me know and I’ll happily open a feature request instead.

2 Likes
  • Developer issues with the API should go here

Apologies! I started the report and then clicked the link and the modal stayed so I assumed it would be put there. I’ll close this and make a new one.

It’s okay I moved it already.

1 Like

Ah cool, thank you. Is this a plugin idea though?

Thanks for correcting it!

Having the same issue. Changes to the language line does not trigger the codeblock to re-render. Any updates on this?

1 Like