Post to Mastodon plugin?

Has anyone built a plugin that allows posting from Obsidian directly to Mastodon? (A parallel to Christian B. B. Houmann’s NoteTweet plugin.) This would be sweet!

Agiletortoise recently posted a Post to Mastodon Drafts action that works nicely posting from Drafts app (macOS, iOS) to Mastodon.

5 Likes

That would be great. For my uses having the Drafts action to play with (Post to Fedi, send to Obsidian) is great, thank you.

Can I also recommend that it’s called something more accurate like Post to Fediverse or ActivityPub Poster? Mastodon is but one piece of software that uses ActivityPub.

1 Like

Definitely interested – came here looking to see if anyone was working on such a thing. I’m not a dev, so it won’t be me… but following this space with interest.

A brief bit of discussion on the topic with Dave Winer (of RSS fame) over here, in case any useful tidbits: Dave Winer ☘️: "@[email protected] -- if people were open…" - Mastodon

1 Like

I like this idea but it’ll be more useful when Mastodon natively supports HTML and Markdown by default.

Currently the vanilla Mastodon (v4.1 at the moment of writing) does not support HTML or Markdown, although ActivityPub standards allows it. There are modded version of Mastodon and other ActivityPub servers like Pleroma supports HTML and Markdown, but their share of installation is very small.