Pop-up Windows Taskbar inaccessible when Obsidian is maximized

I’m having an issue when I put Obs in full screen (maximize window; Win10), whereby I cannot then get at the taskbar. It happens in the help vault as well, but not in other apps.

Steps to reproduce

Maximise Obs. Hover over the bottom of screen to pull up taskbar

Expected result

taskbar comes up

Actual result

No taskbar appears, only the ‘grab frame’ cursor, to resize window

Environment

• Operating system: Win 10
1 Like

I am not sure I understand the problem. Post a screen recording of this happening in the help vault. Thanks

Here you go @WhiteNoise - this is Win10, with the taskbar set to get out of the way, but pop up when hovered on. This does not happen when Obs is in full screen.
Animation

Can you post a screen recording of this happening in the help vault?

What is your obsidian version? what is the installer version?

apologies… here it is. version 0.14.2,
Animation
installer 0.13.31

thanks I can reproduce. It happens from the top as well.

We strongly recommend you to search the forum with possible keywords before submitting a new bug report. Please also try your repro steps with third-party plugins and custom CSS disabled and see if it’s still reproducible. If it’s an issue with third-party plugins or themes, try contacting the author for help. Once you’ve done the above, delete this line.

Steps to reproduce

1. set Autohide Windows Taskbar
  2. Maximize the Obsidian Window
  3. Move your mouse cursor to the bottom of the screen
  4. Taskbar won’t show up

Expected result

Show the Windows Taskbar

Actual result

Taskbar won’t show up

Environment

• Operating system: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19042.1586]
  • Debug info:

Additional information

Upstream bug:

Ah, thanks. Looks like we will have to wait. Hope they are as dynamic you are :slight_smile:

Someone on the Discord just raised the point that both Discord and VSCode are electron-based, but do not have this problem. Have I missed something obvious here?

It depends which version of electron they are running or if they are using custom patches. My vscode on windows is running electron 13.

Ah, right. It never occurred to me that Microsoft would be running anything but the most recent versions of stuff. Would I lose anything crucial if I downgraded my electron/installer version? And how would I do that if I wanted to?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.