Plugins Antidote

Hello everyone ! I recently discovered obsidian, I see the community is very active! The tool looks great but I have a problem … I am dyslexic and I need a powerful spell checker. I am one who is compatible with Microsoft’s “Words” which is called “antidote” of the company “druide”. But I contact that they are not compatibility with obsidian … someone to guide me and create a compatibility plugins between the two software (antidote and obsidian) ? I don’t know much about plugins reaction … thank you very much for your answers!

2 Likes

I’ll be right back with more info! to help with the creation of the plugins.

This is what i know ! antidote is compatible with Markdown text (that’s what they say on their site. You can download a trial version of 30J at www.antidote.info/en). Then what I’m looking for is not necessarily a perfect integration as in “word” but more like a thing in the attached video (1), Highlight the text and then right click to get to a drop-down menu and be able to click on "antidote corrector ”… which opens the antidote software with the underlined text. once the text corrects in antidote I close it and the corrected text appears in the text on the obsidian software. Don’t hesitate to ask me more questions!

(1) https://1drv.ms/v/s!AoXansTi8UyHgcNkkZfl9YidBx3wTg

The look of Antidote reminds me of LanguageTool(https://languagetool.org/).
There is a plugin for it which works like the browser version.
Also, LanguageTool is free and does not require a registration if you don’t need their premium features.

But also from what I can see on the page getting Antidote support in obsidian should not be too complicated.(Developer Tools | Antidote.info for anyone who wants to work on it)

2 Likes

This is a great idea.

I would really love to get antidote correction support directly in Obsidian.
No need to be real time at first, it could just show as a shortcut you can use to launch Antidote correction on any page.

If you are on the Mac, the new version of Grammarly desktop works in damn near every application. It has great spelling and grammar checking.

I’ve also been thinking about implementing Antidote to Obsidian, which can be very useful for french speakers who use OB for writing. As I don’t know anything about code, it would be a long thing coming, but I’ve outlined some questions that came to me for its application.

For example, I don’t remember seeing Antidote APIs used elsewhere than an internet explorer or a writing program like Microsoft Words. In both cases, Antidote already proposes the extensions. It would be interesting to see if any other program used the API in this fashion.

Also, as @mremond mentioned, it would be ideal to have the correction support in Obsidian, but I’m also wondering if the dictionary could be added, perhaps in the sidebar. It could be something you could decide to have open or not. But then, would it demand Antidote to be running to work anyway (like for identification purposes ?) I wonder.

Perhaps @Bibi53, you are right in saying a drop-down menu would be the most simple to make. I wonder which elements could be implemented as the plugin Dictionnary or not. Again, I am new when it comes to coding.

@phren0logy made me think of the english version of Antidote, which I assume you already use. I suppose the plugin should take into consideration which language you choose, as the program is sold separately depending if you are in French, English or both. :thinking:

3 Likes