Plugin: Perilous Writing. Write continuously or lose all progress

Hello!

I’ve found Manu Ebert’s The Most Dangerous Writing App to be a useful tool for encouraging writing progress by combatting the instinct to prematurely edit. Quoting Wikipedia:

The Most Dangerous Writing App is a web application for free writing that combats writer’s block by deleting all progress if the user stops typing for five seconds. It is targeted at creative writers who want to write first drafts without worrying about editing or formatting.

However, I found the website-only form factor to be constraining, so I wrote an Obsidian plugin which does the same thing: Perilous Writing.

It’s been accepted into the Community Plugins directory, so search for “perilous writing” to install. There’s also some brief usage documentation (and screenshots) in the project’s README.

3 Likes

How does it compare to the Dangerzone Writing plugin?

It’s pretty similar! I only stumbled across it after I’d already written mine, so I haven’t used it, but the only major difference appears to be the UI.

Released v1.2.0.

There’s now a “clear session” command to remove the progress bar. (Finally. Sorry, it’s been stuck in my worktree for several months.)