[Plugin idea] Word frequency / text statistics

It would be great to have a way to get the word frequency of a vault/folder as in Scrivener through a plugin. For instance, I would use this to get the most used names/notions (that are not yet linked) in a particular course so I can see what are the names of characters/persons and notions that are central to the course. There would be a way to exclude certain common words like “a” or “the.” I already use Graph analysis, which does not do what I want here (though useful).

2 Likes

If you use headings in a single file instead of separate notes, then the File Info plugin will give you what you want.

Selected text doesn’t work in LP yet.

I already know about that plugin but it doesn’t work on mobile/iOS last time I checked. Moving all files into one single file with headings is too time consuming and too much of a hassle. I understand that you can merge them all together too but still.
I’m interested in a plugin that would look into the vault or a given folder, would return results, and would exclusively give word statistics, not something else.
I don’t know if it can be done as I don’t have any knowledge of plugin creation, although for me it seems easy to be implemented on paper, the idea at least.