Plugin for flashcards & note-level spaced repetition all inside Obsidian

That worked! It is weird as my Obsidian says it is 0.12.3 (has always been auto-updated), but on the navigator.appVersion it says mine was 0.5.0. Had to download and install again and it was all fine. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks!

Love the plugin. I think some form of integrated SRS is exactly what Obsidian was missing sorely.
Coming from Anki, I was initially confused by the lack of an Again button, because Hard in Anki still meant I remembered the card, whereas in this plugin it does kind of the same as Again in Anki (at least that’s how I understood it). Maybe some kind of tooltip on the answer buttons could help for new users?

In Anki, you can always hit Space after the answer has been shown, and it will review as Good, which is very convenient.

Also, a bug I can reproduce the following way:

1. Create a new question somewhere
  2. Run “Spaced Repetition: Review flashcards”
  3. Review the new flashcard
  4. Hit 0 after showing the answer
  5. “Show Answer” again
  6. Every button should now show ‘NaN Years’

Obsidian is on the newest version, plugin options are the default ones.

Thanks for your work!

1 Like

Hello,
I’ve fixed the bug in the latest release (v1.4.9).
& added support for this:

Thanks for your input!

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Just released version 1.5.0!

Funtionality:

• Nested decks (using Obsidian’s hierarchical tags or folder structure):
    Screenshot from 2021-06-05 19-28-24

QoL improvements:

• Load balancing which helps maintain a consistent number of reviews from one day to another
  • Boosting cards that are recalled correctly after long periods of no study

Bug fixes:

• Better support for images sourced directly from the web
2 Likes

Just released version 1.5.7!

QoL improvements:

• Ability to randomize cards order
  • Resize images to fit to modal size or to match the user specified size
  • Per deck total number of cards

Bug fixes:

• Properly handle nonexistent images during rendering
  • Include card in only one deck (for those who use tags)
2 Likes

Love your plugin! I struggled with choosing between Remnote, Anki & Notability but Obsidian + your plugin seems like the perfect solution :smiley:

1 Like

Can you say more about how to use the folder structure instead of tags? I would like to create an “inbox” folder and have all new files set to “review” automatically that day (or tomorrow), without having to tag them. Is that possible?

Currently, the folder structure is only available for the flashcards. I’ll update the plugin to cover your use case.

1 Like

can I use this plugin as reminder? like editing date of sr-due for reminding note on specific date that I like?

Hmm, interesting. Yes, you can modify the date as you like & the note will show up on that date.

1 Like

thank you very much.
I think a hotkey for excluding card from queue and and another for suspending card would be very useful ( I don’t use review option-panel like anki because I think benefit of this plugin is to reviewing from hotkeys with access to the local graph for better mind connection )

is it possible to write this image in one line? or end of note?

Thank you for your effort in creating this plugin! Just a couple of questions/comments:

• Would it be possible for intervals to be more customizable, and for them to be shorter than one day?
  • Links currently do not work. My computer gives me a message telling me I need to open the links in a new app. Would it be possible to make links work while keeping the flashcard visible? An idea for this would be to make the background behind the flashcard not darken and allow the position of the card to be more towards the top left (instead of the center of the screen), so that any opened links could open in panes on the right and be visible.

Thanks again for your hard work in creating this plugin!

It’d be much easier if you’d open an issue for better tracking of this on the Git repo.

1 Like

Not really, it uses Obsidian’s YAML which I think must always be at the start of the line. I’ll have to check if YAML can be written in one line and be parsed correctly.

1 Like

Currently, no, but it’s on the roadmap.

The issue mostly lies with the API Obsidian provides: as far as I am aware, it doesn’t currently support links. You could open an issue on the Git repo for better tracking & update when I work out a workaround or when Obsidian provides a better API.

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt reply. I’ve opened an issue on the Git repo.

1 Like

First, off, this plugin is awesome. I was looking at various spaced repetition apps and then found your plugin and it was exactly what I was looking for.

I filed an issue on Github about tags and convert to decks and subdecks. Would it be possible for convert to decks and subdecks to work only with notes that have the tag?

1 Like