Plugin for flashcards & note-level spaced repetition all inside Obsidian

I use rich text to refer to text that isn’t plaintext i.e. text with formatting, media, links, etc. I might be mistaken :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

Would it be possible to have an option to bury cards made from within the same note too?

Just as cloze deletions normally are ‘too related’ for repetition on the same day, in my case notes containing multiple flashcards are related as wel, so it would be useful to have them postponed until the next review session too.

Postponing manually after having read them already doesn’t make much sense:)

I’ve opened an issue for that, & will work on fixing it (Better burying of related cards · Issue #56 · st3v3nmw/obsidian-spaced-repetition · GitHub).
Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

The latest release (v1.4.3) of the Spaced Repetition plugin introduces support for topic decks (use tags to create decks for your flashcards). Plus some bug fixes.

Thank you for adding this, which got me to the posted ‘single-line reversed cards’-enhancement using :::

Could this also be made possible for multi-line cards? For example by adding a second question-mark to make a reversed card too:

Multi-line
question
(or answer when reversed)
??
Multi-line
answer
(or question when reversed)

1 Like

Yep, I’ll add support for this too.
I’ve opened an issue on the same.

v1.4.4 “introduces” working support for Obsidian mobile so that you can review on the go:

2 Likes

Awesome plugin!!
Would it be possible to add a maximum interval option like in Anki?
Thank you

1 Like

Glad that you like the plugin!
Yes, I’ll provide an option for that.

Version 1.4.5 release notes:

Functionality:
- Support for images in flashcards (albeit in a hacky way)
- Maximum interval option

QoL improvements:
- Ability to change the inline & multiline flashcard separators to say ;; or !! (might be useful if you have conflicts with Dataview’s inline fields)
- Keyboard hotkey to review flashcards
- Limit on number of days to display on right panel
- Options to reset settings to their default values
- Use sliders for settings with a fixed range
- Plugin waits for sometime before attempting to validate and save a setting

2 Likes

I tried installing and enabling the plugin from within the community plugin section, but it was not successful. When I clicked “Enable”, I was greeted with the message on the top right: “Failed to load plugin obsidian-spaced-repetition”. I have no trouble enabling any of my other community plugins.

I even tried downloading the 3 files - styles, manifest and main from GitHub and replacing the folder, and it did not work either.

Hello, could you please provide a screenshot for the error that shows up on the developer console (ctrl + shift + i)?

Hi there, attached is the screenshot for it.

I am also having the problem of the plugin failing to load.

Hello, could you please provide a screenshot for the error that shows up on the developer console? (The earlier screenshot didn’t provide any actionable insights)

Could you run navigator.appVersion on the console & post the output here? There might be a problem with a newer ??= syntax I’m using.

Looks like your Obsidian version is dated (it’s currently v0.6.0), the plugin requires Obsidian version 0.9.7 at the very least & version 0.12.2 for the latest plugin version. You could try updating.
@hcc108, could you please confirm if this is the same issue? Thanks.

That worked! Thanks! Really appreciate the plugin.

1 Like