Please, in note A, there are multiple paragraphs for block quoting. How can I quickly refer to these marked paragraphs of note A in note B?

Please, in note A, there are multiple paragraphs for block quoting. How can I quickly refer to these marked paragraphs of note A in note B?

For example, in note A, there are several paragraphs that have been block quoted and put into note C. [[note A#^fdasfa]] [[note A#^vxczv]] [[note A#^ewqr]]
Now these paragraphs of note A need to be referenced in note B, but if you type [[note A#^ , the full text of note A will appear, and since the characters after #^ are random, you can only find them by looking at them paragraph by paragraph before not looking at notes A and C.
Is there a quick way to find paragraphs where note A has been block referenced, or is it possible to customize the block references with random characters, e.g. customizing all block references could be ^ffxxxx, ff being the custom character and xxx being a random character?

You can write custom block IDs before referencing the block. Thus, if you are in note A, you can add, for example, ^ffxxxx or, also possible, something like ^any-keywords to all the blocks you know you want to link to later on from other notes.

Then, you can find these blocks by typing [[note A^ff and the results shown will be limited to the respective blocks.

To add as a reference …

Angel

Thanks for your reply, I do write block IDs now, but sometimes I get lazy and use the obsidian42 plugin to copy the block IDs of paragraphs directly, and the block IDs are a paragraph of random characters. After time, a note will have custom block IDs and block IDs of random characters, so some paragraphs will need to be looked up in full.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.