Perlite - publish your Notes to your own Web Server

Hi,
this tool works like a charm. By far the easiest solution i found.
I put into my webhoster, moved the vault and done.
almost. I think the documentation should tell where to change “$rootdir” buti found it.
It would be amazing to create a community plugin with it, so the vault is published by FTP to the webhoster. (and maybe a flag in yaml can tell if it is to be uploaded ir not)

But it could be synced with freefiledsync or similar.

I also read about the access restriction questions. I think if there would be a plugin within obsidian, the plugin could create htaccess files where necessary.

Thanx for the great work.

2 Likes

Hi @jothk77

Thank you for the feedback! I created a wiki Home · secure-77/Perlite Wiki · GitHub, hopefully there is everything covered now.

I`am using Git for the sync, but for this of course you need a hosted vm. Of course a FTP plugin would be nice, but I think this need to be done by someone else.

@Serdj, I’am thinking about to implement a light mode switch, technical this should be possible.

Thanks @secure777 for your great work.

If I understand correctly, this only works to view the notes published to a website. Is this correct?

I was thinking that it would be great if one ha the possibility posibility to also edit the notes online. This is one of the features many users are lacking in our self-hosted setups. Do you think this possible at all?

Thanks.

Hi @wdsgn ,

Yes, this project is only for viewing your notes online. Of course something like this could be implemented, but editing is a whole different game and not the scope of this project. If you are looking for an easy way to edit your files online, I would suggest using github.

Amazing work so far. Very excited to see future capabilities.

I’ve come across a really useful feature in Obsidian called “stack tabs groups”. Here you can find reference to it in their documentation: Use tabs in Obsidian - Obsidian Help.

I believe this would be a fantastic addition to add. Hope you’d consider it!

Best regards.

b.

Hi @beto,

I know about the tab functionality in obsidian and its amazing! However, since Perlite runs in a browser I see no need to implement this feature because you can already use the browser tab functionality.

BR,

sec