Things I have tried
Searched for posts about performance issues
What I’m trying to do
I was wondering whether anyone else has extreme performance problems since changing to V1.0.0. Everything seems to lag, sometimes with a 1 second delay when writing, it is getting really annoying. No other processes are open, it doesn´t change depending on the amount of pages I have open within obsidian. Processing usage at around 10% maximum, RAM at about 50% maximum.
Can anyone confirm?
Number of files is about 10000.
Update: It seems to be particularly affected when deleting.
I haven’t seen that. I think I saw another post with a similar problem, so try searching.
What’s your operating system, and do you still see the behavior when you turn on Settings > Community Plugins > Restricted Mode?
I will search. The performance does increase, but does not go back to the levels it was at before the update.
I have the same problem, number of files ~100, lag or delay while interacting with the application in general, up to 2 seconds of lag. Behavior happens with around
100% CPU usage on only two cores on a Ryzen 5 (8 cores).
Here is the developers Profiler.zip (1.6 MB) recording I made.
There are some interesting warnings regarding SharedArrayBuffer that was disabled due to security reasons on Chrome Web, but are not relevant to Obsidian since each tab is only a file, not a web page trying to read your banking info.
Though This warning might not be the reason of the Performance issue, since the total time spent was on some Animation function on the app.js file, which I’m not familiar with.
Would be nice if the devs could take a look , this started appearing after v1.0.0 (as far as I know…)
Edit: System specs, might be useful idk:
- OS: Linux Mint 21 x86_64
- Kernel: 5.15.0-52-generic
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx (8) @ 2.000GHz
- GPU: AMD ATI Radeon Vega Series / Radeon Vega Mobile Series
- Memory: 2089MiB / 10859MiB