People/Contacts too are part of the knowledge-base

I searched through the forum archives and found a reference asking a person with a similar request to post their query out here. They did not post it, so I’m doing it.

My contacts list along with it’s meta-data too are part of my personal knowledge-base, and handling data/information/knowledge from my vault in a way that could be linked with people/contacts would be quite a vital feature expected of my extended/second brain.

Would the core team please consider building something for supporting it out-of-the-box?
I am willing to offer advice on user scenario as well as testing, but lack the skills to actually build it. Sorry.

Hope I have not overstepped my boundaries.

1 Like

An upcoming plugin will pull in calendar and contact info from Google.

Do you also have notes for contacts?

If you want to link to an Obsidian note from a contact in another app, use the note menu to Copy Obsidian URL and then paste it in the notes field (or a URL field) of the contact.

If you want to link from Obsidian to a contact in another app, that may or may not be possible. The easiest way would be to copy the name and paste it in the app’s search. On Mac/IOS/iPadOS you could make a Shortcut to ease the process.

There’s also a way to construct links to contacts on MacOS, but it may not work across devices if it even works at all anymore. Address Book URLs - All this

I am also interested in this plugin.
Has this plugin already been released?