PDF embed link does not appear on click in live preview

We strongly recommend you to search the forum with possible keywords before submitting a new bug report. Please also try your repro steps with third-party plugins and custom CSS disabled and see if it’s still reproducible. If it’s an issue with third-party plugins or themes, try contacting the author for help. Once you’ve done the above, delete this line.

Steps to reproduce

1. inserting a pdf attachment link in the note:
![[some_pdf_attachment.pdf]]
  1. the link will be rendered automatically in a PDF viewer.
  2. the pdf attachment link is disappeared.

Expected result

Result which is as same as the image attachment is expected:

1. inserting a image attachment link in the note:
![[some_image_attachment.png]]
  1. the link will be rendered automatically as picture.
  2. the image attachment link is disappeared and is accessible by clicking the image via mouse.
  3. the image attachment link is also accessible via keyboard by moving the cursor to the line where the image attachment link is located.

Actual result

• the pdf attachment link is disappeared and is not able to be accessed via mouse.
  • the pdf attachment link is accessible via keyboard by moving the cursor to the line where the pdf attachment link is located.

Environment

• Operating system: MacOS 12.0.1
  • Debug info:

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v0.13.14
Installer version: v0.12.3
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: insider
Insider build toggle: on
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Safe mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

Dec-22-2021 15-08-58

2 Likes

thanks. Not sure we can do anything about this.

Same issue on Windows too.

Thanks for the workaround with keyboard.

Hi there,

I just noticed that i have the same issue than above, except that i cannot see the pdf preview as Glight gif shows, but a void frame instead.

EDIT : Actually it happens with the legacy editor as well, and wether the file is opened in its own pane or embed in another note. They appears into my publish though…

Any clues ?

does this happen in 1.3?

Well, it is “solved”. However, the solution is not intuitive at all. One must know the little trick to solve this issue.

I found that by clicking the area in the red rectangle, the pdf link will appear.

However, clicking other places will not make this magic.
May-11-2023 18-25-51

I found it by accident, actually. And this post was “No, it is not solved.” at first. :rofl:

So, is it really a cure or just a bug fixing another bug?

It will show in 1.3.1

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.