Pasting unnecessary info

Hi there,

I am copy-pasting from a docx file. When I do, I see in my obsidian note a lot of what appears to be CSS related data and then my actual content (see below).
Of course, I do not want this unnecessary data. How do i fix this ?

@font-face{ font-family:“Times New Roman”; } @font-face{ font-family:“宋体”; } @font-face{ font-family:“Calibri”; } @font-face{ font-family:“Garamond”; } p.MsoNormal{ mso-style-name:Normal; mso-style-parent:“”; margin:0pt; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:justify; text-justify:inter-ideograph; font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-font-family:宋体; font-size:10.5000pt; mso-font-kerning:1.0000pt; } p.15{ mso-style-name:LO-normal; margin-top:0.0000pt; margin-bottom:8.0000pt; mso-hyphenate:none; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; text-align:left; line-height:107%; font-family:Calibri; font-size:11.0000pt; } span.msoIns{ mso-style-type:export-only; mso-style-name:“”; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single; color:blue; } span.msoDel{ mso-style-type:export-only; mso-style-name:“”; text-decoration:line-through; color:red; } @page{mso-page-border-surround-header:no; mso-page-border-surround-footer:no;}@page Section0{ } div.Section0{page:Section0;}

Self-deification is the heart of philosophical Hinduism.

If you have a longer document you want to take multiple notes from, the easiest way is:

• safe the document as a text file, via File | Safe As. You just have to change the file type from Word Document (*.docx) to a pure text file (*.txt). That removes all the formatting.
  • Close Word (!) and open the file in Windows Explorer per doubleclick .
  • Now copy/paste the text to Obsidian.

Of course, that’s far too complicated if you just want to copy one piece of text. In this case, simply delete the unnecessary part in Obsidian.

paste with ctrl-shift-v or use drag-shift-drop

1 Like

Ctrl+Shift+v did it.
Cheers.

Thank you for your response.
I am on Linux and the docx file has a very long table.