Parse clipboard into frontmatter

Things I have tried

Looked through documentation, but I need help with ideas on how to approach this

What I’m trying to do

I’m trying to copy/paste information from another application directly into a note.
In that note, I have some frontmatter, and I’d like that to be filled by content on the clipboard, after I parse it. Probably could be done with a regex.

I actually don’t know how to go about this. As a workaround I thought I might just create an empty note and then paste the content there and find some way to parse and re-arrange. But I don’t know if this is a good idea.

There are lots of possible approaches and probably a variety of community plugins that can help.

If you want to the parsing mostly yourself, you could make a Templater template and use its tp.system.clipboard() function to paste at the right spot. If you use that function inside an execution block in Templater (<%* instead of <%) to do further string parsing, I would not be surprised if it needed an await in front of it.

QuickAdd might also be a useful tool here.

Or if you’d prefer to not write your own parsing code, see if there is a plugin designed for whatever type of content you are pasting that can help!

Good luck!

yep, this is the solution. I’ve looked into it and your suggestion will work. I don’t know if I’m going to go through with it, but it is great to have a direction.

Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.