Expected result

A line that spans the given text

Actual result

Nothing appears changed about the text

Environment

• Operating system: Linux
  • Obsidian version: v0.10.11

Additional information

I have tried to disabling and enabling plugins and CSS snippets but to no avail.

1 Like

post a screenshot

Before (Editing)
Before

After (Display)
After

have you tried zooming in?

1 Like

Thank you, it seems zooming it fixes the problem, but that brings the problem of having everything way too large. Is there a way to fix this without resorting to zooming in?

you can try to increase the size of math formulae with some css. Side note: what is you screen resolution?

My screen resolution is 1920x1080. Also what would be the css class for math symbols?

mjx-math {
font-size: 120%;
}

Thank you for your help. Will this always be the case for this issue, or is there a possibility the rendering will not be encumbered by this problem in the future.

This is a mathjax problem with chtml output. The fix is either using svg output or bigger default font.

I thought MathJax had some keywords for that too.
Try $\huge \iiint$and $\Huge \iiint$for example.
Not sure that is the answer to the question but perhaps it can trigger some other thoughts…

What you have provided is the client fix, but there is very obviously a need for a developer fix if my notes are not being displayed properly in the default font. I’m writing my physics notes here and we use \overline for the complex conjugate in math all the time. If I forget to zoom now, many of my formulae are wrong and I might not even notice. Can I make a Github issue for this or something? This issue is absolutely NOT resolved.