Outlook calendar connection to daily notes

possibility to access to outlook calendar meetings schedule. When selecting the meeting in obsidian a new daily note is automatically created with incorporates the participant’s informations and meeting’s topic

Use case or problem

Creating meetings notes easily, with part of the data already compiled (participants, meeting agenda, etc)

Proposed solution

Connection with outlook apis

Current workaround (optional)

No workaround today. Just write daily notes with all the information needed copied from outlook

Related feature requests (optional)

3 Likes

Have you looked at full-calendar plugin. It can access an outlook calendar via its ics link. It is one way, read only in Obsidian,

Yes I am currently using it but as you said is only one direction outlook->obsidian and from the full calendar plugin I was not able to generate a daily note connected to the calendar event

1 Like

Yes, please. Much needed and would be much appreciated. The Full calendar is also NOT able to identify multiple things like a Recurring event for the same series.
Relevant to question I asked belo
https://www.reddit.com/r/ObsidianMD/comments/1684itg/comment/jytd8tv/?context=3

3 Likes

Yes please! That’s such an obvious feature. All the workarounds out there, that i found so far, are not working - iCalBuddy, sync to google calendar, etc. We need a solid plugin to connect to a Outlook Calendar, that let’s you create notes for every selected event.

1 Like

look at the ics plugin. there is an example of javascipt code you can add to the daily notes plugin in the discussions. can pull your calendar items with location and notes into daily note

1 Like