Option to show incoming and outgoing links only once

Things I have tried

I’m adding more cross note connections, in many notes I’m already mentioning “InterestingThing”, but the note [[InterestingThing]] is not actually linked.

Obviously I know the incoming and outgoing links pane, but when manually linking notes, each occurrence of “InterestingThing” is highlighted. Once I link one occurrence, the note appears in “linked Mentions” instead of “unlinked”, which is pretty close to what I would like. But ideally, I would like the option to automatically collapse the “linked Mentions” section and skip to the next possible outgoing link.

Is there a way to do that?

Addendum: I just re-read my question and realized a concrete example would probably help, especially since I mix incoming and outgoing links.

I have this note. It already links to another note [[FTP]], so in the outgoing links, it is rally not necessary to highlight or even show all other occurrences of “FTP”. So I would like to ignore all other “FTP” occurrences for this note, since the note [[FTP]] is obviously already linked.

I would appreciate this! Especially in larger notes it quickly becomes difficult to tell the redundant suggestions from the useful ones.

I belive a global feature flag that says something like “suggest only links to notes that have not already been linked in the current note” would do the trick.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.