Online user group talks & discussions

Regarding many people volunteering for the same talk, I agree that it could be sorted out between those volunteering.

But for users to volunteer, in general, do you think a similar forum post will work?

That’s what I meant aswell. If there is a requested topic and 2-3 people see it and say “hey, I want to speak about this”, then these (together with one of us) can sort this out.

On a general note, It seems like the “Introduction to dataview” talk is the one receiving the most interest and I think we should focus on scheduling that one first?

1 Like

Ahh I see now, this will work fine I think.

Haha I see that too :sweat: I am fine with doing the first one. Next week is very busy for me, so I would only be able to do it on the weekend (April 10th or 11th).

2 Likes

Whatever suits you best, I’d say. There’s no rush.

1 Like

Regarding scheduling an actual date: Do we really want to poll for a date? Or should we just go ahead and pick a date that we think works best generally?

Maybe we could do both: Add a link to a when2meet poll to the voting. People can fill this one as well but don’t have to. Then we can try to respect these submissions when picking a date but we do not rely on it.

1 Like

I think planning around time zones will get tricky indeed! I like the idea of offering a when2meet link below the polls in case the presenter wants to take it into account. If we use when2meet we can also get a rough idea of the “date” (day of the week) it might be easier for most interested people to attend.

1 Like