Omnivore integration

Omnivore is a relatively new read-it-later service; it still has very limited features, but it appears to be very promising.

I am testing it to save articles and web pages both that I intend to read later and that I read already and want to archive.

In the second case, I often find myself highlighting parts and annotating some comments on what I read.

It would be super awesome if highlife parts could automatically be synchronized as blockquotes in an Obsidian note, and my annotations for each highlight below each note.

Furthermore, the synchronization could take place the other way around, too: styling and links I create on Obsidian could be updated on the Omnivore annotation, using their API.

9 Likes

A beta of the Obsidian extension is here.

One interesting thing about Omnivore is it can transfer the whole article including highlights and notes. The highlights and notes are grouped at the bottom. If the highlights were synced as highlighted text that would be ideal for me.

5 Likes

So cool! I will be waiting for it to be listed in the marketplace.

1 Like

So far Matter is ahead e.g. with highlight function of browser extension (shows up on the mobile nicely too). It will be interesting to see which horse will be a winner on the long run.

I liked the matter highlighting feature but Iā€™m not willing to shell out $60/year for it. Trying Omnivore now, looks very promising

1 Like

Awesome! And you can install the beta version via obsidian42-brat, a more convenient way.

Just installed Omnivore and impressed (after playing around with Matter and before that Instapaper) A plugin, like the matter one; that allowed my highlights or notes to copy to Obsidian, would be great.

1 Like