Obsidian wont receive from dropbox but will send to dropbox

Hello,

I have obsidian 0.9.10 on my mac syncing to a dropbox folder. I have 1writer on an iphone syncing to that same dropbox folder. In the finder on the mac, I can watch 1writer derived files appear in that shared dropbox folder. Those files will not appear in obsidian on the mac but they used to do so. No changes have been made. I have quit and reopened. Just now, I created a note on the mac in obsidian and it immediately did sync to 1writer. I then created a note on the iphone in 1writer and it immediately did sync to the dropbox folder as visible in finder on the mac, but obsidian never pulled the note into the program. Clearly, I have a situation where both platforms are syncing to the same folder, 1writer can both send and receive, but obsidian can only send but not receive. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Stefan

Update:

One thing I notice is that obsidian on the mac sends out a file with a .md extension which 1writer receives, but 1writer sends out a file with .txt that obsidian does not receive. Hoping there is a setting in obsidian to receive both extensions or an easy fix of some kind.

Obsidian doesn’t read .txt (though there is a feature request). You’d need to set 1writer to save as .md.

1 Like

Thanks,

Stefan