Obsidian Web Clipper Bookmarklet with full Markdown support for images, headings, and code blocks

A few posts up there’s a generator: https://obsidian-clipper-maker.ganesshkumar.com, maybe give that a try and re-do it?

1 Like

Thanks. I tried and unfortunately it still doesn’t work for me. To be sure, I just wanted to verify the process of using it.

1. Open article
  2. Tap on the address bar
  3. Tap on the created Web Clipper bookmark
  4. Wait for the dialog and choose to open in Obsidian

Thanks once again!

I trigger it like this:

• article is open
  • tap bookmarks
  • tap the name you gave it
  • confirmation modal
  • obsidian opens
1 Like

Thanks for that. Unfortunately still no luck with that method either. But at least I have narrowed it down. I appreciate your help very much.

1 Like

Is there a way to change date format? to any of these?

1. MMMM dd, yyyy

or preferably these?
2. M/dd/yy
3. M/dd/yy, h:mm a

This works perfectly with hyperweb, a screenshot of what it look like, just one click to save web to vault.

Thanks so much for this fantastic extension!

hyperweb integrated this clipper, you could try if that works.

1 Like

thank you so much for this @kepano!

It’s been a big help. I’m having some trouble getting it to work on Linkedin posts - do you have any suggestions?

I can’t get it to work on desktop browsers. I have tried it with Chrome, Brave and Edge. With the respective mobile versions, on the other hand, it works perfectly. Does anyone have any idea why?

This is wonderful, thank you!

I’m not technologically capable enough to know how to modify the code. Could somebody help me or help me help myself to modify this? What I want is very simple

clip the content to root Obsidian folder with no front matter and nothing else but the content pasted in block quote formatting: > Petierunt uti sibi concilium totius Galliae in diem certam indicere.

Thank you :slight_smile:

It is working again! I have no idea what was stopping it. Just figured I would mention it. I feel tempted to delete my previous posts mentioning issues, as they are misleading for others. That being said, they did occur for some reason, so I might as well leave them in case the problem ever returns or happens for someone else.

Thanks!

Hi, This looks perfect in the demo video, and in fact puts everything in the note Except for any of the actual highlighted ‘content’, which is a problem. I’m using Safari and have tried various changes to the bookmarklet and template with always the same result. My current template looks like :

[{{title}}]({{url}}) {{tags}}
Contents:
{{content}}

Everything OS and app-wise is up to date. It’s just what I need, but not sure what’s going on. Perhaps it’s more targeted to PC/Chrome users so this problem got missed.

Update: Solved… I found quite accidentally that (oddly) it does work from the bookmarks bar. Usually I don’t have this turned on. But if you instead click on the same bookmarklet in the side panel it won’t fill in the contents. Strange, but at least it seems to work now.

Updated version:

Changes:

1. update turndown to latest
  2. add gfm support which correctly convert the markdown tables in clipper.
1 Like