Obsidian Theme of the Year 2020 nomination thread

The deadline to nominate is 11:59 pm EST on December 15. Reply in this thread to nominate.

If you’ve made a theme for Obsidian, submit it here to enter the Theme of the Year Award 2020!

Ideally the author can nominate themselves, but if you’re loving a theme and the author hasn’t nominated themselves yet, feel free to nominate them.

If you have made multiple themes, please nominate the one you like the best. :smiley:

In your reply, please include:

• Theme name
  • Author name
  • Link to repository if any
  • Screenshot
  • Backstory or comment (tweet-sized, 280 characters max)

The deadline to nominate is 11:59 pm EST on December 15. Reply in this thread to nominate.

After the deadline, we’ll compile the results, remove the duplicate entries, and move on to the voting phase.

3 Likes

Notation by death_au (me)

Originally conceived with the aim to mimic Notion as closely as possible (including the somewhat tricky in-document header and fancy checkboxes).
I later expanded it with greater customization abilities via hue shifting and blocks with the same custom colours as Notion itself.

(Is adding a second screenshot cheating? :laughing: Feel free to disregard)

9 Likes

Gruvbox By @insanum

I’ve used Gruvbox in one form or another for over a year at this point.
currently i use gruvbox in:

Basically if there is a way to configure the color scheme, I pick gruvbox, if there isn’t a gruvbox theme for it, I MAKE IT. @insanum beat me to it, and I wont use anything else :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Obsidianite by Tridiamond

32 Likes

Red Graphite by SeanWcom

This Theme is perfect for people using Obsidian only in Edit-Mode as a note taking App without any publishing or graphics. In combination Obsidian and Red Graphite made my software year 2020.

21 Likes

Theme

obsidian_ia

Author

Alexander Rink (rcvd)

Repository

GitHub

Screenshot

Comment

Well, after going through many of the amazing themes made available by the community, I ended up using this one. I love the minimalist, opinionated design of iA Writer and its innovative duospaced typeface — and this is a great adaptation.

9 Likes

Theme name

Reverie

Author name

Santi Younger

Reverie
n. A state of abstracted musing; daydreaming.

Someone asked me if this theme was made with the same material as Flubber.

The answer is yes!
flubber-black

8 Likes

“Minimal” by @kepano

Comment: Easily customized in seconds with its two accompanying plugins, “Minimal” is not only a beautiful theme but a best-in-class exemplar for Obsidian theme architecture. It’s also designed to play well with the popular “Sliding Panes (Andy Mode)” plugin.

48 Likes

“Obsdn-dark-rmx” by _ph (cannibalox in github)

The rectangular buttons are just amazing.

7 Likes

It has to go to:

It is just too sexy, period.

7 Likes

Theme

Blue Topaz

Author

WhyI

Repository

Screenshot

Originally, inspired by some great themes, I created the first version of this theme. Thus, I called it Blue Topaz. I use different colour schemes in Light and dark modes to suit different moods or environments. If you like a blue theme, try it now!

(Updated the screenshot)

32 Likes

Theme
Obuntu

Author
dubinindmitry

Repository

Screenshot

I think it has a great design and has solved the problem of the size of the images.

5 Likes

Theme
Cybertron

Author
Nick Milo

Repository

The design choice feels intentional and beautiful. This makes Obsidian a joy to use.

4 Likes

Theme

Dracula Skin

Author

@jacklaing (me)

Link

Dracula Skin Snippet for @kepano’s Minimal Theme
(File attached)

Screenshot

Backstory

Color-only snippet that can work with any theme, though likely to work best with kepano’s Minimal. Dracula Pro colors have been applied carefully to differentiate elements consistently, e.g. active files are green in title, file explorer, graph view, and Calendar.

2 Likes

Theme

Clair de Lune by @jamiebrynes7

Been previewing a bunch of themes that have popped up in the recent months to change things up and this one has quickly become a new favourite. Looks great in both editor and preview modes. It also has good amount of contrast even when I have a blue light filter on in the evenings.

3 Likes

Thanks for all the nominations, guys!

We’re closing this and moving on to voting phase soon. Will let everyone know when voting starts! :smiley: