Obsidian Sync intermittently disconnecting from remote vault on it's own

Once you’ve done the above, delete everything above this line.

Steps to reproduce

• Install obsidian on Android pixel 6a
  • Connect obsidian sync and download vault

Did you follow the troubleshooting guide? [Y/N]

No. I contacted obsidian sync support and was told to create a new local vault and allow it to sync with that. I did and before I did that I also cleared all the app data and uninstalled and reinstalled the application.

Expected result

I open the application and it maintains connection to the remote vault.

Actual result

The remote vault is disconnected. There was no error indicating a disconnection. Prior to disconnection of the vault often obsidian re-indexes the entire vault. I have checked if those files have been modified by something else with the last modified time. They have not.

This also happens on the desktop application intermittently. I have zero community plugins enabled on the mobile application. Sometimes closing obsidian and opening it again after it re-indexes results in the vault re-connecting on its own, but not every time and less so with the mobile application.

Environment

Pixel 6a

Additional information

1 Like

This is often a sign that something cleared a place where obsidian stores data.

Are you using any app to “clean” unused space/clear cache something like that?

It’s better you keep the ticket open with the email support. It’s not clear if there is a bug/what is the bug here. Moved to help section for now.

No I am not using anything to clean space or clear cache. The ticket has been open for 11 days and I have spent hours trying to fix this issue and it seems like it is being dismissed.

I don’t understand how it wouldn’t be a bug. It is a fresh install and fresh vault. It disconnects on its own with no error message. No community plugins were installed on the mobile app. I am using obsidian sync and not some other syncing option. All other settings seem to be maintained other than the obsidian sync connection. It still has my login information, and I can re-connect with the remote vault. Restarting the application sometimes restores the connection. At minimum, it seems like a bug that there is no error reported when disconnection happens.

All other settings seem to be maintained other than the obsidian sync connection. It still has my login information, and I can re-connect with the remote vault.

Do you mean that you need to redo the procedure to connect to a remote vault? Or simply that is not uploading files?

Restarting the application sometimes restores the connection.

This is even more strange.

Where is this vault stored on your desktop and do you move your vault?

I don’t move my vault. It is two directories deep on my main hard drive.

I mean that it is no longer connected. I have to go into the plugin settings and click the connect button.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.