Obsidian Sync and Plugin Preferences being overwritten

I’m having a mare with Obsidian Sync and plugin settings. I’ve watched it update the file on disk (correctly) from remote, then when I access the Preferences within Obsidian, it replaced the settings on disk with the old local settings, then syncs that back up to the remote.

So basically my two obsidian instances are writing their settings back and forth, accepting the others to disk and then re-writing their own to disk every time I go into the Preferences pane.

The only way to avoid this is to allow the new settings to download, then quit before opening the Preferences pane locally, and then relaunch so the settings are read from disk. If I open the Preferences pane before I’ve quit/relaunched, it’ll write the old preferences to disk and remote, and the cycle continues.

This happens on both my macs, neither will update and read the new settings without quitting, and both overwrite the new settings on disk (and remote) with their old settings if the Preferences are opened (which is the bigger problem).

SYSTEM INFO:
	Obsidian version: v1.0.3
	Installer version: v1.0.0
	Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 21.6.0: Wed Aug 10 14:28:23 PDT 2022; root:xnu-8020.141.5~2/RELEASE_ARM64_T6000 21.6.0
	Login status: logged in
	Catalyst license: none
	Insider build toggle: off
	Live preview: on
	Legacy editor: off
	Base theme: dark
	Community theme: Minimal
	Snippets enabled: 0
	Restricted mode: off
	Plugins installed: 14
	Plugins enabled: 13
		1: Dataview v0.5.47
		2: Templater v1.14.3
		3: Filename Heading Sync v1.7.0
		4: Periodic Notes v0.0.17
		5: Natural Language Dates v0.6.1
		6: Calendar v1.5.10
		7: Better Word Count v0.8.1
		8: Style Settings v0.4.12
		9: Minimal Theme Settings v6.1.0
		10: QuickAdd v0.5.5
		11: Kanban v1.5.1
		12: MetaEdit v1.7.2
		13: Contextual Typography v2.2.4

Can you give me a minimum reproducible example of this happing?
Start with the sandbox vault.