Steps to reproduce
- Download the (at the time of writing) recent Obsidian snap package.
- Install the snap – btw, are there any installation instructions or are users supposed to know about
--dangerous? – as follows:
snap install --dangerous obsidian_0.15.6_amd64.snap
- start Obsidian and select a vault on which you initialize a git repository, if not done already so, using
- Install the community plugin “Obsidian Git”.
- open the Obsidian Git sidebar view by pressing Ctrl-P and entering “Obsidian Git: Open source control view”
- nothing will be shown, even if files have been changed. In particular, the icon buttons for commit, etc. will be missing.
- Strg-Shift-I to look at the console error message that show that git cannot be found/executed.
The Obsidian Git community plugin to be able to execute the host’s git command in the same way as it can when installing and using the Obsidian AppImage.
Nothing, nada; except for a console error message.
- Operating system:
$ lsb_release -a Distributor ID: Ubuntu Description: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Release: 22.04 Codename: jammy
- Debug info:
SYSTEM INFO: Obsidian version: v0.15.6 Installer version: v0.15.6 Operating system: #44-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jun 22 14:20:53 UTC 2022 5.15.0-41-generic Login status: not logged in Insider build toggle: off Live preview: on Legacy editor: off Base theme: light Community theme: Solarized Snippets enabled: 1 Safe mode: off Plugins installed: 6 Plugins enabled: 6 1: Advanced Tables 2: Smart Typography 3: Style Settings 4: Advanced Mobile Toolbar 5: Collapse All 6: Obsidian Git