[Obsidian Publish] Site Logo

Enable us to upload a logo that would be displayed instead of the site title (in the top left corner). Clicking this logo should work the same way (redirecting to the start page).

If this could alternatively be done with CSS, I’d love to know how!

10 Likes

+1 for site logo!

+1 for site logo!

+1 for site logo ! :slight_smile:

Looks like someone figured out how to do it with the publish.css file

@misterchad’s CSS didn’t quite work for my image size, but I figured out a variant with the help of @CurioHeart and also added a logo that displays on mobile.

/* Site Logo */

.search-view-container {
  margin: 100px 0;
}

.site-body-left-column-site-name {
    color: transparent;
    line-height: 0;
    padding: 0;
}

.site-body-left-column-site-name::before {
    display: block;
    content: url(https://daobase.github.io/daobase-assets/logo_obsidian_publish.png);
    width: 100%;
    transform: scale(0.085);
    -webkit-transform-origin-x: left;
    -webkit-transform-origin-y: top;
    position: absolute;
}

/* Site Logo Mobile */

.site-header-text {
  color: transparent;
}

.site-header {
  background: url(https://daobase.github.io/daobase-assets/logo_obsidian_publish.png) no-repeat;
  padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px;
  background-position-x: center;
  background-size: contain;
}

You’ll need to adjust transform: scale(0.085); and .search-view-container { margin: 100px 0; depending on the dimensions of your logo.

If you want the name of your site to be displayed, remove the transparent lines and adjust line-height/padding to make it play nicely with the logo.

this looks great. tested it out on my site. the aesthetic isn’t what i’m looking for, but it is functional. good work.

1 Like

As native add logo feature somehow doesn’t work for me, I found this thread and another resource and need to try it out Obsidian Publish CSS Tips
Hence it takes time since making publish till I see changes live so, it’s quite takes time when I see if it worked out :slight_smile:

Edit, both solution in this thread, one I’ve posted doesn’t work, even I tried built-in, doesnt work for me. Happy to debug on Discord

1 Like

This was implemented at some point

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.