Obsidian publish is great, thank you

I love it, makes github pages hassle obsolete for me.

Thank you.

6 Likes

Hey @INoViodiUMNE, if you’d like you could add a link to your publish site so others can take a peek!

For sure! https://publish.obsidian.md/drozdyuk/

4 Likes

I agree. It makes it so easy to publish content. I’ve been moving some of my content from my main site. I’ve been debating how to set up my navigation. I personally like the sliding navigation. My thoughts are to use my home page as my main Index page linking to some first level MOC pages. Then use links and backlinks within the pages themselves.

3 Likes

I just bought a yearly Obsidian Publish since I don’t want to invest too much time in front end stuff (already had setup github pages + github actions etc but it takes time to have great UI).

@INoViodiUMNE thanks for sharing, read a bit, I love reinforcement learning too, great content :smiley:

Hey @egfrenzy, your website looks good, does it have anything CSS specific ? Could you share ?

Besides that I’m currently using Github for hosting, Obsidian and Gitjournal (mobile) for writing, how to publish on mobile since there is no Obsidian mobile app ?

Also hope that custom domain name is coming soon.

1 Like

Thanks @louis030195. My site is almost entirely out of the box. I just tweaked a few colors and have a couple of customizations I picked up from other forum users.

/* ======= DARK */
.theme-dark {
  --bulletpointlinecolor: #cccccc2f;
  --text-accent: #21a2d1;
  --text-accent-hover: #21a2d1;
  --text-color-section-header: #f3883b;
}

/* ======= LIGHT */
.theme-light {
  --bulletpointlinecolor: #5050502f;
  --text-accent: #21a2d1;
  --text-accent-hover: #21a2d1;
  --text-color-section-header: #f3883b;
}

/* || Bullet Point Relationship Lines */
.cm-hmd-list-indent .cm-tab,
ul ul {
  position: relative;
}
.cm-hmd-list-indent .cm-tab::before,
ul ul::before {
  content: '';
  border-left: 1px solid var(--bulletpointlinecolor);
  position: absolute;
}
.cm-hmd-list-indent .cm-tab::before {
  left: 0;
  top: -5px;
  bottom: -4px;
}
ul ul::before {
  left: -11px;
  top: 0;
  bottom: 0;
}

/* || Add quotation character before quote */
blockquote:before {
  font: 14px/20px italic Times, serif;
  content: '“';
  font-size: 3em;
  line-height: 0.1em;
  vertical-align: -0.4em;
}
blockquote p {
  display: inline;
}
blockquote {
  margin-inline-start: 0;
}

/* || Graph */
.graph-view.color-fill-unresolved {
  opacity: 0.5;
}
.graph-view.color-arrow {
  color: #ffffff;
}
.graph-view.color-fill {
  color: var(--text-accent);
}

/* || Misc */
.published-section-header {
  color: var(--text-color-section-header) !important;
}

.published-container .backlinks .internal-link {
  opacity: inherit !important;
}

.internal-link.is-unresolved {
  color: var(--text-accent-unresolved);
  opacity: 1;
}

Thanks !
Here is mine (0 UI tweaking yet) https://publish.obsidian.md/louis030195

3 Likes

Thank you for the synopsis of Red Queen. Always wanted to read it but never got around it.

1 Like

i’m loving obsidian publish too. i’ve built a number of personal websites over the years using everything from joomla to wordpress to static site generators to scratch-built in a text editor. i’m loving the simplicity of publishing this way without having to muck around with all of that back-end stuff. that being said, i’m having fun tinkering with the css style.

still new and so definitely a work in progress. would love to know what everyone thinks about it though.

1 Like

I like your logo on the page and on the tab-bar, gives it a more personal feel than most, how did you add those? Thanks, -Erick.

this is the code i put into my publish.css file:

.site-body-left-column-site-name::before {
    background: none;
    display: block;
    content: url(https://chad-bennett.github.io/links/meCircle.png);
    width: 100%;
}

you have to have the image stored publicly on the web somewhere, so i’m hosting it on github. guess i could have it somewhere on the publish site and get the url link so at least it is saved with the rest of the site.

it is a png with transparent background so it doesn’t look square. since it is part of the site name it is also clickable as a home button.

good luck getting it to work on your site.

5 Likes

I’m following the instructions for publish.css but not getting any results. It seems to be uploading as a page and not css. Hoping you can help since you’ve obviously got it working.

I created publish.css, stored in root folder of my vault and published it. Only difference is that my site is subdomained. Wonder if that’s the issue?

With help have this fixed. I’d created publish.css.md instead of publish.css

I love your site and the theme you use. :ok_hand:

1 Like

thank you. glad you like it.

1 Like