Obsidian problem with brake pages

Hi guys,

its more than 1 year that I use obsidian for my notes on study and at work.

This is the first time that happend, I can’t see something like that on internet with a light search, so I decide to write here.

So today suddenly I saw that 2 pages in my study notes goes broken and I can’t restore those with snapshot.

It’s only 2 pages, so not a big thing, but I really don’t know why its happening and what cause that.

So the page goes like that:

r/ObsidianMD - Obsidian problem with brake pages

this in edit mode

And like this:

r/ObsidianMD - Obsidian problem with brake pages

same portion in read mode

I’m wondering if someone of you guys saw this problem before and if you solved it.

Thanks to all

Please paste your “Show debug info”

Sorry how can I do it?

Do you mean this?

Hi @gufaiaca, what rigmarole is asking for can be obtained by opening the command pallet by clicking this icon:

type “debug”, you should see “Show debug info” pop up

click on “Show debug info” and you will get a screen with a bunch of data similar to this:

Click the copy to clipboard button and then past the results here.

2 Likes

Thank you for guiding me on that.

This is the info box:

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v0.15.9
Installer version: v0.15.8
Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19044
Login status: not logged in
Insider build toggle: off
Live preview: off
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: off
Plugins installed: 1
Plugins enabled: 1
1: Advanced Tables v0.17.3

RECOMMENDATIONS:
Community plugins: for bugs, please first try updating all your plugins to latest. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community plugins.

I retake the page of notes and now the scenario is changed a little more.

This time the page is only one, apparently and is not like encrypted anymore, but more like CSS code.

I don’t know if this will help, but the notes are about XSS vulnerabilities, so some parts contains JavaScript codes.

Maybe that is the breaking point?

Now the look of the new page is this:

That, I think is the error page that detains some code to render the page, but because there is some error, the page is not rendered and Obsidian show me the source code of 2 pages of notes…

Maybe you guys having more experience with Obsidian can understand the problem or what’s going on here.

Thank you really

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.