Obsidian plugin API does not support rendering of embeds?

Obsidian plugin API provides a direct way to render markdown anywhere you want - it’s called MarkdownRenderer.renderMarkdown(source, ...). This API unfortunately doesn’t work for link embeds, so plugins can’t render embeds.

Please consider supporting the rendering of embeds. After all, this is a feature that’s already in obsidian.

Raising issue in issue discussion of dataviewjs plugin for visibility (Is is possible to embed the files in the list view ? · Issue #177 · blacksmithgu/obsidian-dataview · GitHub)

12 Likes

This is essential to replicate Roam’s Daily Notes view and will allow us to build personalized feeds.

I’m using a Plugin to convert Notes to Anki. I know two good working plugins, but both do have at least one open issue for this, see Obsidian2Anki and flashcards-obsidian.

I thought of implementing this into one of this plugins myself, but saw some issues I’m afraid of: Embed specific ![[abc#^blocks]], which can have multiple lines etc. There is a regex in Obsidian already to render the embeds, and all plugins should be able to use it.

I’ll link this thread in the issues. I’ll use embeds. I’ll wait for someone to contribute so my Anki cards will show the actual content…

1 Like

Thank you for referring to the issue I opened on flashcards-obsidian repository. I’ve been waiting for months for this functionality and I don’t understand why nobody else thinks it’s important. Even, I stopped to create the flashcards, as I believe it’s fundamental.
I’d love to see it in the Obsidian roadmap; I’m probably not alone.

Working on it too with dbfolder plugin here

1 Like