Obsidian Pastes Wrong Images

Obsidian pastes images which are different than the intended ones.

Steps to reproduce

I copied a text which also contais images from Microsoft Word into an Obsidian note. Some of them were replaced by other images from the clipboard resulting in a duplication of some images and omitting of some other.

Expected result

To paste all images as they are in the original document. E.g., if I have images (1, 2, …, 10) in that order then that should also be the pasted result (1, 2, …, 10).

Actual result

The actual result is different though as it omits some images replacing them with others from the set, e.g., (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10). It even seems to paste images from texts from other notes, e.g., (11).

Environment

• Operating system: Windows 10

• Debug info:

Additional information

Copied Text

Pasted Text

I am not sure we support this to the point of considering this a bug. Can you attach the original .doc document?

No, I can’t attach it as .docx files are not supported. “Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorized (authorized extensions: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, woff, woff2, zip, css, md).” I also had to remove two screenshots, as you probably observed, because I am a new user and am limited to 5. I will upload them now.

First part of the copied version

First part of the pasted version

I played around with the settings but nothing seems to solve this problem. To make matters worse, the mathematical equations generated by Microsoft Word are treated as images themselves when copied to the clipboard. This results in the pasting of many wrong equations where they shouldn’t belong. Since I accumulated a lot of information in office documents before I tried Obsidian, I can’t simply transfer every equation and image 1 by 1 into Obsidian, as that would require way too much time investment. Thus, if you don’t support the feature to paste something in its original form to the point of considering this a bug then this is a complete no go for me.

Thanks for your hard work!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.