Obsidian interfering with Microsoft Teams on Mac?

Every time Obsidian is open on my MacbookPro 2019 when I try to start an MS Teams call, the call fails (aka Teams shows ‘we ran into a problem’). Even if I had a successful Teams call earlier in the day.

The only solution I have found so far is to shutdown Obsidian and completely shutdown + reboot my laptop.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Things I have tried

• I’ve searched this forum and the internet for any combination of MS Teams and Obsidian, but it doesn’t give any information. Just a lot of false positives.
  • I’ve tried completely wiping and reinstalling MS Teams, but it didn’t help.

What I’m trying to do

• Sometimes I want to check my notes in Obsidian while in the call
  • I don’t want to reboot my laptop every time I accidentally start a Teams call when Obsidian is open.

What version of:

• Obsidian
  • MacOS

I currently run a MacBook Pro (Intel) purchased in 2020, with Big Sur fully updated (not going to Monterey until I am certain all development tools I use are stable), MS Teams, and Obsidian open constantly.

Several types of Teams calls throughout the day, switching to and from Obsidian to take notes during those calls (and throughout the day), with no issues.

The fact that you close Obsidian and reboot your laptop leads me to wonder if there is something else at play.

I agree with @dionv where you need to supply more details.
FTR, no Issue on 2018 i7 MBP, 2020 M1 MBP, 2021 M1 Max MBP, all running macOS 12.2 Beta

Hmm - very odd. I don’t see any way that the two could be interacting to give this kind of result. I have Obsidian and Teams running on an Intel Mini and an M1 MBP, both on Monterey without any similar behaviour. I suspect that it’s the reboot that is having more effect than closing Obsidian.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.