Obsidian installs release 0.0.5 instead of 0.0.6

Hi @WhiteNoise – I’m running into the following issue but am not sure if I’m doing something wrong (So not filing as a bug yet)

Basically, I can’t seem to install the latest version of my PDF to Markdown plugin even though the latest release 0.0.6 has been around for weeks.

This is somewhat critical to me because 0.0.6 was a important fix to a disabled 0.0.5.

The releases are here: Releases · akaalias/obsidian-extract-pdf · GitHub

Any idea what I’m missing here?

1 Like

To add more context to this - Because this is the only on of my plugins where this issue exists:

I think the “release-count - 1” (0.0.5 instead of 0.0.6) could have to do with the fact that I deleted a release because I messed up the name (“0.0.03”) in the very beginning.

This would explain why it says “7 releases” but there are only 6 actual releases.

Screenshot 2021-02-17 at 17.47.59

Here’s the release I deleted:

Here in list-form

…and one last test that just failed to explain what’s going.

I created a new release (0.0.7), expecting that now it may offer to install 0.0.6 but to no avail.

have a good look at your

PS: I appriciate your work!

1 Like

I also don’t see a versions.json
Also your manifest.json looks from an old format, perhaps it’s that. checkout the sample plugins json.

Try following these steps, and let me know if it doesn’t work.

Suuuper helpful. Thank you!

So, manifest.json on master dictates what will be offered to install. That was the problem. I’ve bumped the version there and it’s working as expected again.

Feel free to close this thread out, too.

Thanks!