Obsidian Git - Plugin for automatic vault backup with git

I’ve had the same issue with Dropbox and icons in file names. Does Git handle them?

Tried doing this - when publishing about 65% through this message pops up,

“The remote disconnected. Check your Internet connection and try again.”

Anyone know how to fix this?

Can I use this as a backup instead of sync feature? I use iCloud already so I would just keep pushing the files. I setup git on windows and mac pcs. However I get an error saying 'failed to push some refs to [my repo].

Can’t get this to work. Installed GitHub, then the plugin. I am not a developer, but I’m not an idiot either.

Is there any chance someone has put together a tutorial for using this plugin that’s actually useful to people who are not developers? Or are we not aiming for mass adoption?

1 Like

This guide looks quite good

As well as installing Github desktop you need to actually create the Git repository. This is described in the link.

2 Likes

does this work on iPhone?

UnknownTransportError when using command palate > git pull in android ,
how can i fix this ?

To my knowledge, Obsidian Git still uses the HTTPS protocol. You are trying to use SSH. Switch to HTTPS.

But i use ssh in my windows machine normally , i use ssh when i create my repo so i don’t know if i can’t use HHTTPS in my mobile

You can’t use SSH on mobile with the Obsidian Git plugin. It may work with Windows because you must have used GitHub Desktop to create/clone your repo.

Further reading (it’s for iOS though):

I don’t have much experience with the MGit app on Android, but it’s free and looks okay, by the way.

1 Like

It is not working anymore