Obsidian 1.6.5 Desktop update had disconnected me from my remote sync vault

I am using Obsidian 1.6.5 upgraded from 1.6.3
I am on an iMac with OS Sonoma 14.5

What I’m trying to do

After the update to 1.6.5, I opened the sync plugin to check the sync status. I found that not only had my local vault been disconnected from the sync vault but the sync connection had been deleted. I then looked at Obsidian on my other devices and the same thing had happened with the sync. On device is iPadOS and the other is Linux. There is no way I would have manually disconnected the sync vault and deleted the connection since I don’t open the Disconnect or Manage functions when I check the status.

Things I have tried

I searched the forums and Help for sync disconnection, restore sync connection, others who had experienced the the same issue. I couldn’t find anything that came close to explaining how to correct the problem. I finally gave up and created a new sync vault. I gave it the same name, hoping it would maybe find the old sync vault and reconnect. It doesn’t appear that it did because I have lost all my file versions, nothing earlier than June 28, 2024 (although I have at least one file that I used daily since November 2023). On the other hand, I have settings version history of 222 files dating back 3 years. Still, the log file on the initial sync did not list all the files in the vault as being uploaded to the sync vault. Yet, all the files are in the obsidian vault on my other devices and the settings on those devices are correct, with the latest updates.