Steps to reproduce
- Enter a tag that starts with a number (e.g. #1stPhase)
- Press enter or space
- Check tags sidebar (Bug: the tag does not appear)
- Attempt to reference tag in another note (Bug: the tag can not be referenced in another note)
*Works when the tag does not start with a number (e.g. #Phase1)
Able to create tags that start with numbers.
- Operating system: macOS v10.15.4
- Using custom CSS: Yes, modified Ursa
Potentially similar to the following issue: https://forum.obsidian.md/t/underscore-not-handled-in-tags
Same issue with following Environment:
- Operating system: Windows 10 Home - v1909 - build 18363.836
- Obsidian version: v0.6.4
- Using custom CSS: /
This is a known behaviour. I don’t recall if we couldn’t have tags starting with a number for some specific reason.
Moving this to feature request.
I think this is implemented!
Still doesn’t work out in 0.8.15 version
version 0.11.5 , still got this issue. will it work someday?
I think, it’s already implemented. you can create a tag start with number then followed with alphabet, like
is it what you mean?
it doesn’t work
edit: I realize that this post’s issue is not the same I got.
I want total number tag, and it seems obsidian can’t handle right now:
Oh do you use it for date?
someone in Discord ever told a workaround. You can use nested tag like
It’s pretty neat I think.
thanks, it works in another way, yet I want make
#1987 as a category or linkage for many pages.
Moreover #1987/ works and creates the tag #1987 and the empty subtag.
It should be definitely considered a bug, I am using numerical tags for dates and it works great e.g. #2022/02/28