Numberless endnotes

I’m interested in numberless endnotes. I’ve seen the basic support for numberless footnotes, and plugins for dynamically re-numbering them. But what I have in mind is the following:

1. Highlight some text
  2. Attach a note to that text
  3. By default, when not selected, such text only retains some form of highlight to indicate that it has attached note text
  4. At the end of the document, there is a dynamically-updated list of each bit of highlighted text (in quotes), together with its attached note text

I wonder if this might avoid some of the complexities of dynamic numbering, while also keeping the body text clean. I think it’s used primarly with readers in mind, but since I’ll probably want my finished item to use this format, it could be useful to work with while writing.

I’m relatively new to Obsidian, but it feels like something I’m sticking with, and if there’s nothing like this out there, I may be prepared to dive in and create something. I just thought I’d check in with the community to see if I might have missed an existing plugin project, or if anyone had any other thoughts on this in terms of functionality and potential issues.